On Wednesday, the 1st of November, 2018, the newly formed Investment Review Panel (IRP) of Dhahran Techno Valley Company (DTVC) held its first meeting in DTV Science Park. The meeting mainly focused on supporting technology commercialization activities in Dhahran Techno Valley.
The IRP meeting chaired by Dr. Hisham Merdad, Chairman of the Finance & Economics Department at King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals (KFUPM), and the meeting was attended by IRP Members: Mr. Riyadh Alzamil, Chairman of RAZ Holding Company; Mr. Theodore Goede III, Organization, Investment & Portfolio Management at Aramco Entrepreneurship Center (Wa’ed); Dr. Janne Virtapohja, Technology Commercialization Executive at KFUPM; Mr. Samir Aljishi, General Manager, Strategy & Business Development, Technology & Innovation Center at Sipchem.
During the meeting, seven KFUPM technologies were presented to the panel. The presentations and following discussions aimed to deliver IP investment recommendations for the DTVC’s Board of Directors. The investments are intended to enhance the commercialization potential of the associated technologies to the industrial and entrepreneurial communities. Presented technologies were as follows:
1. Wellbore Oil-Based Barite Filter Cake Removal
2. Large Scale Synthesis of Zeolite Using Microwave Reactor
3. Trisensor: An Industrial Gas Sensor using Wireless Sensor Network
4. Mercury Removal from Hydrocarbons
5. Zero Fluid Loss Hydraulic Fracturing Fluid for Conventional and Unconventional Reservoirs
6. High Temperature and Pressure corrosion Inhibitor Technology for Oilfield Application
7. An Accurate, Accelerated Convergence, Synchronization Procedure for Unstructured, Infrastructure Impoverished Network.
The meeting was also attended by Dr. Iyad Alzaharnah, Director Technology Commercialization & Enterprising at DTVC; Mr. Anas Alhargan, Investment Analyst at DTVC; Mr. Abdulrahman Almusharraf, Investment Analyst at DTVC; Dr. Farooq sultan, IP management executive at KFUPM; Mr. Mohammed Abdul Ghani, Coordinator Proof of Concept Development at KFUPM.
DTVC takes this opportunity to thank Sipchem for the generous support provided to accelerate commercialization activities of DTV